PTSD Test Instructions:
Below is a list of problems that people sometimes have in response to a very stressful experience. Please read each problem carefully and then select one of the numbers to indicate how much you have been bothered by that problem in the past month.
1. Have you experienced a traumatic event over the course of your lifetime? .YES NO
Sometimes things happen to people that are unusually or especially frightening, horrible, or traumatic. For example:
Have a serious accident or fire a physical or sexual assault or abuse
an earthquake or flood, a war, seeing someone be killed or seriously injured, having a loved one die through homicide or suicide. Have you ever experienced this kind of event?
If your answer is yes answer the next 5 questions on how that trauma has affected you over the past month . If your answer is no add a 0 and this is your final score...you can stop here.
In the past month, have you...
1. had nightmares about the event(s) or thought about the event(s) when you did not want to? YES NO
2. tried hard not to think about the event(s) or went out of your way to avoid situations that reminded you of the event(s)?
3. been constantly on guard, watchful, or easily startled? YES NO
4. felt numb or detached from people, activities, or your surroundings? YES NO
5. felt guilty or unable to stop blaming yourself or others for the event(s) or any problems the event(s) may have caused?
If you answered 3 of the 5 Yes this shows a high probability for having PTSD.
This online PTSD test is intended to be a screening for PTSD not a diagnosis. Discuss your results with a medical professional to receive an accurate diagnosis for your symptoms. If you do have PTSD, we recommend specific trauma therapy to help you overcome your symptoms.*